- Born in Osaka, Japan
- Graduated from Osaka University of Art
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- The Sea of the Ear - Ring ’05, LongHouse Reserve, New York
- Gravity Defied, LongHouse Reserve, New York
- Takashi Soga Works ’84-’99, Sakura Art Museum, Osaka
- Gravitational Quality - Vessel and Mother, Shinanobashi Gallery, Osaka
- Gravitational Quality - The Sea of the Ear ’95, Gallery Kasahara, Osaka
- Artist Today-26 / Gravitational Quality L1104, Contemporary Art Center, Osaka
- Gravitational Quality - Wall ’92, Gallery Kasahara, Osaka
- Gravitational Quality - Vessel 4, Gallery Kasahara, Osaka
- Gravitational Quality - Vessel, Shiananobashi Gallery, Osaka
- Gravitational Quality - Columns, Shinanobashi Gallery, Osaka
Selected Group Exhibitions
- The Yamamura Collection: Gutai and the Japanese Avant-Garde 1950s - 1980s, Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Art
- Three-Person Exhibition, The Other Side Gallery, New York
- 63th Central New York Art show, Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, New York
- Two-Person Exhibition, Herkimer College, New York
- Two-Person Exhibition, Kirkland Art Center, New York
- Sculpture Space “Inside Outside”, Emerson Gallery, New York
- The 20th Exhibition of Contemporary Japanese Sculpture, Yamaguchi
- Altar of the Earth, Stone Quarry Hill Art Park, New York
- From out Stillness: Gift from the Stars, The Museum of Modern Art, Wakayama
- Gravity: Axis of Contemporary Art, National Museum of Art, Osaka
- Parent - child viewing: Contemporary Art, Ashiya City Museum of Art & History, Hyogo
Art is Fun 5, Hara Museum ARC, Gunma
Time in Contemporary Art, The Museum of Modern Art, Shiga
Art in Kyoto - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow 14 / Thinking in sensoria: Takashi Soga + Yukio Fujimoto + Yutaka Moriguchi, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art
- Sanda Zōkei Exhibition ’92, Sanda Civic Hall, Hyogo
Stone Path: Ikeda Sculpture Symposium ’92, Municipal Gallery Ikeda, Osaka
’92 Artists from Hyogo, Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Modern Art
STAND AGE - Invitation for Contemporary Sculpture, PARTHENON TAMA, Tokyo
- Contemporary Art ’91 - Various Materials, The Tokushima Modern Art Museum
- Chicago Art EXPO ’90, Navy Pier, Chicago
- The Phantom Yamamura Collection, Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Modern Art
- Open-air Exhibition, Sculpture Park, Wakayama
- 5th Triennale-India 1982, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, India
- Art Now ’80, Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Modern Art
- 12th The Japan International Art Exhibition, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, and other [The 13th]
- 12th The Contemporary Art Exhibition of Japan, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, and other [The 13th and 14th]
Awards and Honors
- Awarded the 1st Prize of public Art at Beverley Taylor Sorenson Art & Education Complex (Utah).
- Awarded the 1st Prize of the Public Art Project at Lincoln Park (Milwaukee).
- Awarded the 1st Prize of The Public Art Competition of Sherman Plaza (City of Evanston, Illinois).
- The Pollock - Krasner Grant.
- Awarded the Ube Outdoor Museum Prize (City of Ube, Japan).
Constance Saltonstall Foundation Grant (New York).
- Sculpture Space Residency, NYSCA founded.
- Awarded The Nagano Prize (City of Nagano, Japan).
- Awarded the 2nd Prize - Asago 2001 Open-air Sculpture Exhibition in Tataragi (Hyogo, Japan).
- Awarded the Grand Prize - The Open-air Sculpture Competition of Ikeda (City of Ikeda, Japan).
Awarded the Grand Prize - Minokamo Sculpture Competition (Gifu, Japan).
- Awarded the 1st Sakuyakonohana Prize (Organized by Osaka City, Japan).
- Awarded the Grand Prize - The 13th International Art Exhibition of Japan.
The National Museum of Modern Art, Osaka / The Museum of Modern Art, Hyogo / The Museum of Modern Art, Wakayama / The Museum of Fashion, Kobe / The Open-air Museum at Ube,Yamaguchi / The Open-air Museum at Minokamo, Gifu / Kusatsu City Hall, Shiga / Big Steps, Osaka / Commer Museum, Jacksonville / LongHouse Reserve, New York / State of Utah University, Salt Lake City / Sharman Plaza, City of Evanston, Illinois / Lincoln Park, Milwaukee