- Born in Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan.
- Began creating reliefs to examine the qualities of clay soils.
Afterwards, began working with ceramics in Tokyo.
- Moved to Shigaraki, Shiga Prefecture and began working at a ceramics manufacturing factory while continuing to produce his own works.
- Moved his residence and workplace to Marubashira, Iga-City, Mie Prefecture, and broadened the range of his work by making a kiln that uses firewood with kerosene, and using techniques like noyaki (open-firing).
- Invited to Shigaraki Ceramic Cultural Park to produce work.
- 1980s ~
- Has been showing his works in many solo and group exhibitions.
Selected Early and Recent Solo Exhibitions
- Soil and Fire, The Museum of Ceramic Art, Hyogo
Shooting Stars Found in the Garden, ARTCOURT Gallery, Osaka
On A Walk, Gallery 38, Tokyo
- Sanpo no Naka de (While on a Walk), gallery YuEi, Osaka
- SHISEIDO WINDOW GALLERY “Element Earth” 2018, SHISEIDO THE STORE, Tokyo
- The Sky that the Rabbits Saw, Kyoto City University of Arts Art Gallery @KCUA, Kyoto
In the Water, the Depths of the Forest, Gallery 38, Tokyo [’20]
- SOIL/FIRE - TO THE ROOT, Koumi-machi Kougen Museum of Art, Nagano
- Shape of Soil, The Museum of Arts & Crafts Itami, Hyogo
- Shibuya Seibu, Tokyo ['91]
- Gallery Maronie, Kyoto
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Eiji Uematsu & Shiro Matsui, ACG Villa Kyoto, Kyoto
- Craft Arts: Innovation of “Tradition and Avant-Garde,” and the Present Day, Crafts Gallery, The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
- The 10th Paramita Ceramic Art Grand Prize Exhibition, Paramita Museum, Mie
- Biwako Biennale 2010, Shiga
- Open Air Clay Work in Kyoto ’94, Umekoji Park, Kyoto
- The 1992 International Invitational Exhibition of Contemporary Ceramic Art, National Museum of History, Taipei
- Clay–Image and Form 1981-1985, Seibu Hall, Shiga/Yurakucho Art Forum, Tokyo
The 1st International Ceramics Contest ’86, Mino, Gifu
Ceramic Annex Shigaraki ’86, Traditional Crafts Center of Shigaraki, Shiga/Gallery, The Museum of Modern Art, Shiga [’87-’93]
- ’85 Hinuma Clay Landscape, Hinuma Miyamaeso, Ibaraki
- ’84 Shigaraki Exhibition, Traditional Crafts Center of Shigaraki, Shiga
- Art Now Iga ’81, Ueno Municipal Central Public Hall/Kino Gallery, Iga-Ueno, Mie